Green colour, love and a cake with chocolate and Aegina’s pistachios
The colour of optimism, of hope, of energy, of the unity of sky and earth.
The colour of nature that goes wild and of the crystal clear light blue sea.
The colour that I like to give to anything positive and pleasant.
Sometimes, the colour of my eyes.
Some of my t-shirts.
The Aegina‘s pistachios, my favourite dried fruits.
The colour of this cake.
Its sweetness and its unique taste.
The most delicious colour.
The colour that I love the most.
Adapted recipe by the Gourmet magazine 2009 -from my scrapbooks.
- 250 gr sugar
- 250 gr melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 250 gr all purpose flour (preferably shifted for a more refined result)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 gr pistachios unsalted and powdered (use a multi or anything else to make them like flour)
- 200 gr dark chocolate or any kind of chocolate you love chopped into pieces. I love when pieces are small cubes in size because they are so tasty when baked.
- Pheheat oven at 170 C (340 F).
- Put in a mixer bowl the eggs with sugar and beat well until you get a fluffy cream.
- Stop mixer and add melted butter, flour, baking powder and powdered pistachios. Stir softly with a spatula and get mix.
- Add the chopped chocolate and mix softly again with the spatula.
- Butter and flour a cake mould and add the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour. It’s time to make the knife test -put a knife into the cake until you get to the bottom and if it gets out clean, the cake is ready. Otherwise, bake for about 5′ more.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool into the mould for about 20′. Then unmoulded and let it cool completely onto a rack. Dust with icing sugar or enjoy it as it is.
You might also like: