Cheers! With a nice cup of saffron, lemon, honey and fruits ice tea.
Yeah right, September is here to stay for a while, but in Greece isn’t the month of typical autumn.
Heat and sun is still really intense.
And cool stuff is still needed.
And here it is:
a nice, cool, tasty ice tea, easy to make, easy to drink.
Take a big jar, add all the ingredients, put it in the fridge and enjoy a nice cup of ice tea any time during the day. A hot day, a greek-ish day.
For an 1 lt jar
- 1 lt cold water
- 0,15 gr saffron powder. If you use saffron strands, you’ll need 10-12 of them. Strands need a preparation though. Put a cup of water over the heat and remove it just before it comes to boil. Put the water back into the cup, add the saffron strands and let them stay for the whole night at room temperature. In the morning, strain the water and pour it into the 1 lt cold water. Continue with the rest of the procedure.
- 2 tsp honey (or more if you have a sweet tooth. Taste first)
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 peach cut in pieces or 10-15 grapes or 1 nectarine in pieces or 1 apple in pieces or any other fruit you like. I tasted peach and grape and loved both.
- 2-3 fresh mint strings
- In an 1 lt jar add 1 lt cold water and then add all the other ingredients.
- Squeeze lemon slices a little bit to get about 5-6 drops before you put them in the jar.
- Mix well to dissolve honey.
- If you use saffron powder add it with all the ingredients directly into the water. If you use saffron strands, follow the above procedure.
- Put the jar into the fridge. Enjoy with ice cubs or not. The longer it stays into the fridge the more tasty it becomes.
You might also like: