Cooking Together: 3 bloggers+1 and a galette with pumpkin, apples, raisins. And brie.
Cooking together is a project in progress that goes better and better.
How many people can co-exist in one kitchen? Many, if there is good mood, humor and love for cooking. This time, there have been 3 of us, all food bloggers, plus one more from the USA that was chosen without knowing it -just because we were in love with her blog and recipe which is based on this week’s ingredient -apple.
I hope that anyone who will make and enjoy this buttery, soft, full of flavor, sweet and savory, gorgeous galette will not regret it. Close your eyes and let yourself go.
Oh. And don’t be afraid of cheese. It makes all the difference here. And makes this galette unique.
The recipe adapted from here.
For the dough:
- 300 gr all purpose flour
- 240 gr unsalted butter, cold, cut in cubes
- 125 gr cold water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the filling:
- 250 gr pumpkin
- 2 apples, medium sized
- 350 gr brie cheese
- 2-3 tbsp raisins
- 1/2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- a pinch of pepper
- Start making the dough: in a big bowl mix the flour with the butter until they unite. Add water, salt and sugar and knead for a while until you get a not so soft dough.
- Wrap the dough with cling film and put it in the fridge for about 30′.
- Start making the filling: chop the pumpkin and apples in thin slices -if you want sprinkle apples with some lemon juice if you don’t want them to turn black until they’re baked. Preheat the oven at 180 C (356 F).
- Take the dough out from the fridge and make a thick phyllo with a rolling pin. Put it over a baking pan that you have covered with greasing paper.
- Cover the phyllo with the pumpkin and apple slices, add brie too, starting from the center and moving outwards, leaving a space all around.
- Sprinkle with raisins, rosemary and pepper. Turn the edges of the dough over the ingredients.
- Put it in the oven and bake for about 40′ until it gets a nice golden colour.