Chocolate cookies filled with melt chocolate
…or else, chocolate, with chocolate and, did I say chocolate?
Just, how far a human like me can stand this?
Let me tell you.
Although they became huge and the melting-bursting chocolate of the very promising pictures of the book that I took the recipe (“Sweet children’s dreams” by Stelios Parliaros’ series “Sweet alchemy lessons”), was more solid to my version, these chocolate biscuits are tender, very tasty and worth a try.
So I baked them, I ate some and took the rest at the office and feel that I share my chocolate “sins” with others…
For about 15 cookies
- 120 gr dark chocolate with 55% cocoa, melt in a water bath
- 110 gr butter in room temperature
- 150 gr black sugar
- 1 egg
- 130 gr sifted all purposes flour
- 30 gr sifted cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- For the filling: 280 gr dark chocolate with 55% cocoa, chopped in small pieces.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a water bath and set aside.
- Whisk in a mixer butter with sugar for 8-10’ until the mixture blends well and whitens
- Pour the egg and keep whisking for 2’ more.
- Add the shifted flour and cocoa, baking powder and the melt dark chocolate
- Stir well until you get a tight dough. Although the recipe doesn’t refer letting the dough in the fridge, I did because it wasn’t so tight and gave me a hard time!
- Open the dough in a thin sheet of 3 mil. and with a round cutter or glass cut round 5 in. cookies.
- Put them on a baking sheet, put some chopped dark chocolate (of the filling) in the centre of half of them and cover with the rest cookies, pressing the sides until the stuck together well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15’ at 320-338ο F.
- Hot are hell. Cold are hell. Again.
Tips–issues: Although they are hell, I faced some difficulties that I would like to share with you so as not to have to deal with the same issues yourselves:
- I had to open the dough sheet between two pieces of baking paper because it was still sticky after the fridge. Maybe it had to stay there for more time. I didn’t add more flour because it is more likely to completely destroy the cookies.
- In order to cut them round right, I had to cover my hands with cocoa powder so as not to get stuck with the dough.
- I rather miscalculated the size of the glass I used to cut the dough and got king size cookies in the end –because of the baking powder
- A lot of chopped dark chocolate for the filling was left. I guess that, if I cut smaller cookies, I would have used it all!
- Don’t let down! Try this recipe and please, let me know what did I do wrong? Next time I’ll try this yummy recipe, I’m sure none of the above will happen!:)