…or leek soup!
Those who don’t like leeks, will change their mind with this refreshing soup! Even those who don’t even eat soups at all, may change their mind, as K. did. The result was, not only K. to start eating this leek soup but also he asks for it in the cold winter nights!
Every sip that runs down your spine, gives you a warmth, a sweetness, a comfortness that keeps you hot for a long time afterwards and relaxes you.
From newspaper magazine Gourmet, by Eleftherotypia (H. Mamalakis 2007)
- ½ kg leeks
- ½ kg potatoes
- 100 gr butter
- 200 gr whipping cream
- Salt, pepper
- Peel and wash and leeks and the potatoes
- Cut the leeks and the potatoes in small pieces
- In a pot, put the butter and let it melt in low to medium light and throw the vegetables. Stir well and let them for 5-7’ without to get brown
- Add 1 ½ litre of water and let the soup boil for 30-40’ or until the vegetables are soft
- Smash well the vegetables in a blender and add the puree in the pot again. Add salt, pepper and the whipping cream, stir well and turn off the fire.
- Eat it hot!
Personal touch: I can’t resist to cheese, so I added a great tablespoon of fine greek cream cheese, stir it while the soup was still hot, and it melted it giving me great pleasure