I love cakes.
I love chocolate.
I love bananas.
How could I resist then to this gorgeous recipe from Patricia’s nice blog Technicolor Kitchen and not try it?
So I made this lovely chocolate banana cake which doesn’t even need a mixer for its preparation, just a tablespoon or a whisk!
- 250 gr all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125 gr butter softened
- 4 smashed bananas
- 2 eggs slightly bitten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 175 gr chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 180ο C/350°F. Grease and flour a 19×11 cm loaf pan -I used a 12 muffin pan.
- Shift the flour and the baking powder in a big bowl
- In a separate bowl mix well butter, sugar, bananas, eggs, vanilla and the chocolate chips
- Add this mix in the big bowl with the flour and baking powder and mix them but not very intense.
- Pour the final mix in the loaf pan or whateven pan you use and bake it for 1 hour and 15′. With the muffins pan that I used, it took me 35-45′ to bake, so the baking time depends on the pan you will use and your oven. Of course, you can always use the usual test of putting a knife in the middle of the cake, and if it comes out clean, the cake is ready!