Milk chocolate mousse with cookies
I woke up this Saturday morning and what do I see? It is snowing!
And I was surprised not only because it snows in Athens –we are used to it the last few years- but also because the previous day the temperature was up to 20ο C! In a second thought, that didn’t surprise me much too, considering the consequences of the climate change we have been experiencing because of our own non ecological intervention…
So, what do I do? I open the windows to look at the rare for Athens snow, stay with my pyjamas all day long and make this quick, chocolate temptation which I devoured immediately!
From Popi Xrysanthidou, Gourmet magazine, Febrouary 2009 INGREDIENTS
- 350 gr. Milk chocolate
- 250 gr. Heavy cream 35% fat
- 250 gr heavy cream 35% fat, slightly whipped like a yogurt
- ½ package, or as many as you like, chocolate cookies or any cookie you prefer
- Cut in small pieces the chocolate and put them in a bowl
- Heat the 250 gr of heavy milk just before it starts boiling and pour it over the chocolate
- Mix well until the chocolate melts and gets a little bit colder
- Add the whipped cream and mix well
- Brake the cookies in pieces and share them in glasses or in a bowl and add the mousse
- Garnish it with chocolate or cookies pieces or eat it plain without second thought!