Happy New Year with a buffet for friends and brigadeiros!
I wish a Happy New Year to all people with health and optimism so as everyone’s dream to be fulfilled!
The first day of the year, we wanted to be close to our friends and relatives so we invited them to our place where a small buffet and a bar was set up for the early hours hunger! We laughed, drank, ate, listened to music, danced a little bit and played cards until morning!
Get a look to the small buffet with the 5 different fingerfood and one dessert:
- The delicious green salmon sandwiches that I have made before here!
- Spinach tarts with mint and yoghurt-eggs frosting
- Salty cakes with cheese and bacon
- Creamy cheese and mortadelle tortillas
- Plateau with cooked pork meats, sausages, dips, pickles and bread sticks
and last but not least,
6. Brigadeiros, Brazil’s famous chocolate truffles!
And I’m starting with brigadeiros, for a sweet Year!
They are Brazil’s national candies and they are made to all kids’ –or not- parties! They are very easy to make as all you have to do is stir together the three ingredients –sweetened condensed milk, cocoa and butter- on fire until the mixture thickens!
For about 20 brigadeiros
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Put in a small pan all the ingredients and keep stirring them well on medium fire until the mixture thickens and the bottom of the pan appears
- When it does, take it off the heat and pour it in a bowl, lid it and let it cold in the fridge for several hours or all night long, until it is firm. (The first time I made them, I let them cold for less than one night in the fridge and as a result not only they weren’t easily rolled but also they were spread in the papers and my guests asked for teaspoons to eat them!!)
- Take it out of the fridge, take a small portion with a teaspoon and make balls. Roll them over cocoa powder or truffle or smashed dried fruits or anything you like!
Attention: noone can eat just one!
Tip: if the mixture is still sticky when you take it out of the fridge, butter a little bit your hands and shape the brigadeiros more easily.