Casserole potatoes… indian style!
Casserole potatoes: such a simple and yet delicious meal along with a nice piece of feta cheese and fresh bread!
When I saw this version of it, with my beloved spices and the refreshing yoghurt covering them all at the end, I cooked it right away, liked it very much and now I’m sharing it with you!
A small variation from Cookbook magazine recipe
- 1 kg of potatoes cut in big pieces
- 1 green sweet pepper cut in medium pieces
- 3 carrots cut in medium pieces
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 tsp grouned coriander
- 6-7 peppercorns
- 1 ½ tsp carry powder
- 1 glass of red wine
- 2 tbsp tomato paste thinned in half cup of water –I didn’t have any and put tomato juice ~250 gr
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 100 gr strained yoghurt
- Olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a big pan and put the potatoes, carrots, pepper, onion and garlic along with the spices (cinnamon, coriander, carry, peppercorns) and let them slightly brown for 3-4’
- Add the wine, let it boil away for 1′, then add tomato paste or juice, put the lid on and slow the heat down. Let it cook until the vegetables are soft and the sauce thick. If needed, add a little bit more of water.
- Switch off the heat, add parsley and yoghurt and shake well to be mixed with all the other stuff –watch out not to melt the potatoes with your ladle!
You might also like