Pizza with pita bread, chicken mince and cheese
Friday night, tired to death from work and the heavy load of a full week but with a chill out mood because of a forthcoming weekend, hungry but without homemade food, just with a defrosted chicken mince…
All we want is nothing more than our pyjamas, slippers, pizza, beer and our soft, comfortable sofa.
I keep hearing a voice in my head “Order food, order food, order food!!” but no!! I will not give in!! I run to the fridge, take out a pack of pita bread, put the chicken mince on fire until the oven is hot and in a few minutes we enjoy ourselves delicious home made pizzas in the bolsters of our coach!
- 8 medium size pita breads
- 500 gr chicken mince
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small carrot
- 2-3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 1 plate for soup various ground cheese –whatever leftovers you have in your fridge. I used gouda, parmesan, cheddar, smoked cheese.
- ½-1 tsp smoked paprika –or non smoked, or carry if you like
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven at grill at 428ο F. Heat olive oil in a small pan and brown vegetables (onion, garlic, carrot) for 1’, after cutting them in small pieces with a multi.
- Add chicken mince and with a wooden spoon keep stirring it and making it small pieces as well.
- Add paprika, salt, pepper and then wine. Let it boil away for 1-2’, put the lid on and let it boil until there is no liquid left. Add parsley, mix it well and switch off the heat.
- Put the pitas on a pan covered with baking paper, spread a tsp of mustard over each one, lay the mince and cover with lots of cheese.
- Grill for 2-3’ until the cheese melts.
Drink beer. Take a nap at the coach.
You might also like