Chicken with honey, soy sauce… and noodles!
Without many words.
I like sweet and sour tastes.
I like them a lot.
And noodles too.
So I cooked these chicken fillets with all the sweet and sour ingredients I could find lying in my fridge.
I hope you like it too.
Dedicated to my friend Irene.
Inspired by a recipe from Olive magazine-greek edition (October 2007)
- 1 packet of noodles
- 3-4 chicken fillets
- 2 fresh green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic gloves smashed
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4-5 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt, pepper
- Olive oil
- Wash well the chicken fillets and cut them in small bites
- In a big pan, heat olive oil and put the onion, the garlic and chicken. Let them brown for about 5’
- Add water that will cover the chicken well and let it boil until it is tender –check it with a fork. If needed, add some more water and let it boil more.
- When the meat is done, add all the other ingredients: vinegar, soy sauce, honey, mustard, ginger, salt and pepper and stir well. Let it boil for 5’ and take it out of the heat. There has to be left some sauce. If not, add some more water, stir it and let it on the warm but turned off heat.
- Boil the noodles –just like it is described on the package or just like spaghetti but only for 2-3’. Drain them and put them back in their pot. Add the chicken too, mix well and serve hot!
You might also like