On the occasion of Popi’s birthday, my colleague for 10 years now, I made this delicious chocolate cheesecake by Stelios Parliaros book “Chocolate”.
The ingredients of the original recipe are for a 20 in. circle ring or mold with a removable ring. I have a 23 in. mold, so I had to quadruple the filling dosage because it was to flat! The only change I’ve made to the original recipe is the vanilla extract add.
For the base
- 170 gr grated in powder petit beurre biscuits
- 60 gr grated in powder walnuts
- 110 gr melted butter
For the filling
- 70 gr melted dark chocolate (at 40 C)
- 170 gr cream cheese
- 50 gr heavy cream 35% fat
- 30 gr confectioner’s sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optionally)
Make the base
1. Preheat the oven at 320ο F
2. Mix well the grated biscuits, walnut and melted butter. Put the mixture on the bottom of the mold pressing it well with your hand or the back side of a spoon.
3. Bake it for 10-12’, take it out of the oven and let it cold.
Make the filling:
1. In a big bowl mix cream cheese, sugar and egg with a mariz or a spoon until you get a smooth cream. Don’t beat it too much.
2. Add melted chocolate and cream and mix well. If you use vanilla add it too and mix.
3. Pour the filling over the baked base in the mould and put it in the fridge for 4 hours. It is very well kept in the fridge for 4 days.
You might also like: