Marquise chocolate for my father
My beloved father,
I offer you this chocolate, full of love dessert for your birthday.
I wish you are always in good health,
With this great sense of humour,
And vividness, as always!
More solid than a mousse, this dessert is cut in pieces and is only for chocaholics.
From the “Chocolate” book by Stelios Parliaros.
- 250 gr dark chocolate cut in small pieces
- 125 gr butter in room temperature and small pieces
- 50 gr confectioners sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 90 gr water
1. Put the chocolate with water in a small pot and place it on low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate melts and joins with water.
2. Take it out of heat and let it cool a little bit.
3. In a bowl, mix with hand –not with a mixer- the yolks with the confectioners sugar and butter until it is well mixed
4. Pour the melt chocolate and mix as well
5. Make a meringue with the egg whites and pour it in the chocolate mixture. Stir with smooth movements.
6. Pour the chocolate in a mold and let it firm in the fridge for 4 hours. Take it out from the mold by half-diving it in warm water for seconds and place it on a plate.
7. Optionally, serve it with whipped cream (150gr) scented with 30 gr grand marnier or any other liqueur of your choice. It is well preserved in the fridge for about a week.
You might also like: