Cheese patty with olive oil and yoghurt
Quick and light these cheese patties are and all you need for those times that you suddenly have a strong desire for something salty: occasionally at home or permanently at the office!
By Evi Papadopoulou (Gourmet magazine)
Use the yoghurt cup for measuring all the other ingredients.
- 1 cup of yoghurt (200 gr)
- 1 cup of olive oil (200 gr)
- 1 cup of feta cheese in small pieces (200 gr)
- 1 cup of other grated cheese (200 gr of gouda, gruyere, cheddar or anything you have)
- 2 eggs + 1 for spreading
- 500 gr self-raising flour (you can use wholemeal flour as well)
- 1 tsp salt (not full and optionally)
- Sesame, black sesame, sunflower seeds (optionally for powdering)
1. In your mixer’s bowl mix together the yoghurt with the olive oil.
2. Add one by one the 2 eggs and add all the cheese (feta and others), mix for a while and turn the mixer off.
3. Add the flour little by little and sifted and mix with a big spoon and then with your hand until you get a soft dough. Put it in the fridge for 30’ and preheat the oven at 356ο F.
4. After the 30’ take a baking sheet and place a piece of baking paper. Shape round or long cheese patties and put them on the sheet with a distance between them because they rise.
5. Spread them with the 1 egg (beaten) and powder with sesame or anything you want on their surface.
6. Bake for 20-30’ until they are golden.
You might also like: