Honey and cinnamon ice cream
What a combination!
Ice cream is my favourite summer dessert.
Honey is my favourite all year dessert.
And cinnamon… cinnamon is my favourite spice in food, desserts, in everything!
What do you expect?
A weak person like me, prone to the beauties of this life, made this ice cream.
And ate it.
Tessa writes: “This ice cream may not completely freeze, depending on the kind of honey you will use, and get a nice creamy texture”.
- 600 gr full fat fresh milk
- 300 gr 35% fat whip cream
- 1 tsp (not full) grained cinnamon
- 280 gr honey (whatever kind you like)
- Put a small pot on low fire and pour milk, cream and cinnamon. Stir and let the flavours blend.
- Add honey, stir to mix well and increase heat until the mixture starts boiling. Switch off the fire and take it off.
- Let it cold and put it in a bowl with a lid. Put it in the refrigeration for 1 hour.
- After this 1 hour, take it out and if you have an ice cream maker, put the mixture in and let it be an ice cream! If you do not have one, then do this: take it out and start beating it with a mixer until the freezed cream is soft. Put it in the refrigerator again for 30’ and then beat it again. Repeat this putting-in-the-refrigerator-taking out-beating-and-back again for about 5 times to get a nice creamy ice cream and not a water-ice!
Or else, buy an ice cream maker. It’s not expensive, it’s value for money and nothing compares to your home made ice cream, in terms of taste, pleasure and creativity of course!
You might also like: