Stuffed squids with herbs. Grilled. Oh, and a great olive oil-lemon sauce.
So tender, tasty and full of flavour stuffed squids!
Without the classic rice-cheese-pepper filling –which is awesome too- these grilled squids are exceptional without any exaggeration.
And here comes this delicious olive oil-lemon sauce –very common in Greece- but with a seasoning touch that makes it divine!
Just taste it.
- 800 gr squids, cleaned and washed, fresh or frozen.
For the filling
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill finely chopped
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp grated toasts
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper
For olive oil-lemon sauce
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 small lemons –juice and zest
- ½ tsp paprika (optionally)
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp thyme
- Heat the grill well (446-482ο F)
- Make the filling: smash all together its ingredients with a multi or blender.
- Stuff the squids with a teaspoon –not to the top because they may burst. If they finally do, it really doesn’t matter, they are great too!
- Put the stuffed squids to a baking pan and their tentacles too, sprinkle some olive oil all over them and grill them for about 10’ until they turn pink and soft –don’t bake them more because they harden and they are more like eating rubber!
- While they bake, make the sauce by mixing all its ingredients together.
- Take the squids out of the oven, cut them in big pieces –or not- and pour the olive-lemon-herb sauce all over the place!
Drink wine, dive bread into the sauce and live happily ever after.
You might also like: