Cheesecake with a variety of greek cheese and fig sauce
It’s been a while observing that fig tree at the back yard of my apartment, full of figs.
It’s been a while too coming across with that recipe with the greek cheese and figs.
And now the time has come.
To buy those sweet ripe figs, a variety of fresh greek cheese and get to work!
The truth is that fruity desserts are not to my taste.
But this one, is one of the exceptions.
Balancing the sour taste of anthotyros, manouri and xynomizithra with the sweetness of the alcoholic fig sauce, this dessert will be your thing if you ‘re already the kind of man enjoying light lunches or dinners of fruits accompanied by a nice piece of cheese.
From an advertising recipe of a butter company.
I used a deep rim 22-23 cm. The cream is enough so if you use a tart pan and not just a rim, it has to be larger so as to use it all. Or use a larger pan if you want to serve it as it is.
If you can’t find any of the cheese, just use any kind of cheese you want for your usual cheesecake making!
- 150 gr. melted butter
- 250 gr cookies of your taste grated
- 350 gr heavy cream 35% fat
- 200 gr anthotyros –not salted
- 200 gr manouri
- 100 gr xinomizithra
- 60 gr confectioner’s sugar
For the fig sauce
- 1 kg figs unpeeled + 1 or more for decoration
- 4 tbsp honey
- 80 ml cognac
- Preheat the oven at 338ο F.
- Mix well in a bowl the grated cookies with the melted butter and pour it even in your tart pan or whatever baking pot you’ll use, pressing it with the back of a tablespoon.
- Bake it for 15-20’ until it browns. Take it off and leave it to get cold.
- While the cookies are baked, prepare the cream. In a mixer pour all the crumbled with your hands cheese, heavy cream and confectioner’s sugar and beat them for about 15’ until you get a smooth without cheese pieces cream.
- While the cream is beaten, prepare the fig sauce: pulp the figs with a multi and pour them in a bowl along with honey and cognac. Mix well.
- Put together: pour the cream all over the cookies base and then the fig sauce. Decorate with some fresh figs.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 1 hour until the cream and sauce is firm.
You might also like: