Moist melon cake
What the hell…??
Well, that cake sounds strange, but actually is another fruity cake with the characteristic aroma and taste of a melon which keeps it moist.
And it’s creamy.
And with poppy seeds.
And perfectly accompanied by a scoop of vanilla ice cream…
And then, you get yourself to a doc for diabetes exam.
By Realfood magazine (May 2009)
- 1 cup melon pulp (about ½ medium melon)
- 200 gr cream cheese
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 4 big eggs
- Preheat the oven at 356ο F.
- In a mixer bowl, pour all the ingredients and beat them for 4’ until the mixture gets fluffy.
- Butter and flour a cake mould and pour the mixture in it.
- Bake for ~1 hour or until a toothpick gets out clean when you put it in it.
- Let it cold and then take the cake out of the mould. Sprinkle some confectioner’s sugar, if you want to.
You might also like: