Olive oil in a chocolate cake. Yeah.
Olive oil is on top of the mediterranean diet.
And how can’t it be since olive trees are the essence of this land with its valuable crops, its green-silver leaves.
And we, mediterranean people, use it everywhere: for our every day food, cooked and raw, for our beauty, for the cure of our diseases, for our religious beliefs and tradition, even for baking and dessert making.
That was the first time I used olive oil for making a cake though and it was so delicious!
Just try it!
And have a slight taste of that precious golden liquid!
Recipe from here
- 250 gr chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 100 ml olive oil
- 6 eggs, whites and yolks seperately
- 150 gr icing sugar
- 100 gr refined sugar
- 150 gr all purpose flour
- 10 gr baking powder
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Put the chocolate at a bain marie and when it is melt pour it in a bowl with the olive oil and mix.
- In the mixer bowl beat the egg whites along with the refined sugar until you make a meringue.
- In the meanwhile, mix with your whisk the egg yolks and pour them in the chocolate bowl. Stir well.
- Add carefully the meringue too when it’s done and mix softly.
- Mix baking powder with the flour and sieve it over the chocolate bowl while stirring softly too.
- Butter and flour a cake mould, pour the mixture and bake for 40′. When that time passes, lower the temperature at 300 F and bake for 10′ minutes more. Take it out from the oven, let it cold a little bit in the mould (about 15′ or more) and then unmould and enjoy!
You might also like: