Cooking Together: the comfort of cabbage with rice and juniper.
How much warmth and comfort can possible a plate of food bear?
Maybe much. Too much. Because we surely felt that with Eva at this Cooking Together project. While cooking this cabbage with this rice, the creativity was high, the mood too and the lust for life higher.
So here it is.
Have a taste.
- 500 gr white cabbage, cut in very small pieces and rinsed well.
- 2 leeks, cut in small rounds
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 130 gr rice for risotto
- 5-6 junipers
- 7 cups of broth (anything you may have hot. Otherwise, use hot water)
- a pinch of nutmeg (grounded)
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- In a big pot add olive oil and turn the heat on high.
- Put in the cabbage, leeks, onion and garlic and saute for 4-5′.
- Put the rice in and the spices, mix well, put the heat on medium and start pouring in the broth cup by cup as if you’re making a risotto.
- Don’t stop stirring until there is no broth left and the rice is cooked.
- Serve it hot -we made a paprika scented olive oil that we sprinkled all over (just mix olive oil with a pinch of paprika).