Classic chewy, soft chocolate chip cookies. By a friend.
Well these soft, delicious, big, thin chocolate chip cookies are from the new cookbook Cookies by my friend and food blogger Athina (aka sugarbuzz).
So proud once again for her book -her second one in a row- as Athina’s blog was one of the few greek I was reading about 6-7 years ago and still do.
She is a talented pastry oriented blogger who loves food styling and photography too with amazing pictures and recipes at her blog, books (the first one was about Cupcakes) and at the rest of her collaborations.
At the greek version of my blog I give a giveaway with her second book right now, which, unfortunately is only in greek…
However, I may not give you a giveaway this time my english speaking readers, but here it is, a classic but non the less delicious recipe of her chocolate chip cookies!
Recipe by Athina Panou’s Cookies cookbook
- 110 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
- 100 gr soft brown sugar
- 50 gr white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 gr all purpose flour
- 20 gr cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 gr chocolate chips (any kind you like)
- Preheat the oven at 170 C/340F and linen a baking pan with grease paper
- In your mixer bowl add butter and two kind of sugar. Beat well until you get a nice mixture for 2-3′
- Add egg and vanilla extract while beating
- Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt and continue beating until you get a nice smooth and soft batter.
- Stop beating and add chocolate chips. Mix with a spatula.
- Take a tablespoon of batter and put it on your pan with a distance between them -they will become flat while baking. I got two baking pans -that is 20 cookies. I baked them individually.
- Bake for 11-12′. They will be really soft when you get them out of the oven but don’t worry, they will be as they are supposed to be when they’re cold -soft and chewy and amazing. Leave them on the pan until they’re warm and then carefully let them cold on a rack. Keep them in a box.