Cooking Together: comfort food or the simpliest spaghetti with an egg on top.
Well, what I really love in this cooking together project, isn’t only the fact that I’m cooking with one or more friends, doing the styling of the hero plate and taking photos of it.
It’s actually the action of eating together itself. I don’t feel the same when I eat alone. Food takes another meaning. That of companionship…
…which was completely destroyed when half of the wonderful egg yolk -that was kept for the final delicious bite of mine- slipped over my fork, landed on the carpet and was devoured in seconds by one of Eva’s dogs…
This is a classic recipe of Mani
- Spaghetti -any kind you like and as many as you want
- eggs -one for every portion
- grated cheese (lots of it, goat cheese would be great, or anything you like)
- olive oil or butter
- salt, pepper
- Boil spaghetti as usual: Put lots of water in a big pot and let it boil on high fire. When it boils, add a handful of salt and spaghetti and mix well. Let it boil mixing in the meantime.
- When spaghetti is done at your preference, drain it. In the same pot add olive oil or butter until you cover the bottom of the pot. Let it heat very well and pour in spaghetti. Mix well until all spaghetti is greased.
- Add lots of grated cheese and mix well -add as much as you like. Set aside.
- Fry some eggs: in a frying pan with some olive oil which is hot, add carefully as many eggs as your portions of spaghetti. Fry your eggs at your preference as well, adding some salt and lots of pepper.
- Serve spaghetti in plates, add one egg on top and some extra cheese and pepper if you like.
- Eat it hot with some fresh bread.