Sorbet and chocolate.
Or, how can I say it: the ultimate, refreshing, light and chocolate lovers’ summer delight.
Oh. Don’t forget.
By “Sweet stories” magazine by Stelios Parliaros (June 2011)
For about 650 gr sorbet
- 140 gr dark chocolate with 70% cocoa or 170 gr with 55% cocoa.
- 500 gr water
- 130 gr sugar
- 1 tbsp full of cocoa
- 1 tbsp black rum or cognac (optional)
- Chop dark chocolate in small pieces and put it in a bowl
- In a small pot, boil in medium heat water, sugar and cocoa for 2-3’ (start counting from the time the water starts boiling).
- Take this syrup off the heat and pour it over the chopped chocolate. Mix well until the chocolate melts well. Let it cold and then put it in the fridge for a few hours (to get cold well).
- Take it out of the fridge, add alcohol if you want, mix well and pour the mixture into the ice cream maker –let it do the rest! If you do not have one, then I’ll say it again: pour the mixture into a steel bowl and put it in the refrigerator. Take it out every 30’ and hit it well with a beater or a mixer to smash the ice and get a smooth ice cream –or sorbet. Repeat 5-6 times more.
You might also like: